Drake's Radio Featured Radio
Drake's Radio, Ep. 15: Yudai Kanayama
Sep 16, 2022
Founder of Dr. Clark, New York’s first Hokkaido restaurant and a Drake’s favourite, our friend Yudai Kanayama is a man of many talents. He’s a restaurateur and bar owner, with spots all over town; he makes clothes from repurposed garments (including Drake’s tweed), and he’s recently started his own construction business: Serious Construction Company, which was involved in putting together the Drake’s Open Studio at 327 Canal.
Yudai also loves to get on the mic at karaoke, either after hours at Dr. Clark, which hosts regular evenings (we can personally confirm that they are a good time), or in small dimly-lit booths with friends.
We asked Yudai to compile a list of his favourite karaoke tunes for the latest episode of Drake's Radio, and he certainly delivered.
If you've ever been to
(1) Kokoro No Tabi by TULIO
(2) You Can Get It if You Really Want by JIMMY CLIFF
(3) Queen of Chinatown by AMANDA LEAR
(4) Laid by JAMES
(5) Ruby No Yubiwa by AKIRA TERAO
(6) Walk on the Wild Side by LOU REED
(7) Cavalo-Ferro by QUARTETO EM CY
(8) Nemurenu Yoru by OFF COURSE
(9) Sometimes I Forget by TEX CRICK
(10) Watashi No Kare Wa Hidarikiki by MEGUMI ASAOKA
(11) Ooh Child by VALERIE CARTER
(12) Words (Original Version 1982) by F.R. DAVID
(13) 夏にご用心 by JUNKO SAKURADA
(14) Bang Bang by BETTY CHUNG
(15) In a Station by KAREN DALTON
(16) Sports Men (2019 Remastering) by HARUOMI HOSONO
(17) Shimendoka (2019 Remastering) by HARUOMI HOSONO & THE YELLOW MAGIC BAND